Ayi Jihu performing live at Chinese New Year Celebrations in London
Chinese Star Ayi Jihu is taking time out from working on her brand new album and multimedia project Fear Chaser Chronicles to perform at the Chinese New Year Celebrations in London’s W1. The event takes place on Sunday Ferbruary the 6th for several ours and traditionally draws large crowds to the Area.
Last year Trafalgar Square hosted two groups from China performing world-class dance, music and acrobatics routines after an official opening ceremony. The area also played host to a traditional Chinese dragon while Chinatown was bustling with special decorations, stalls, food and lion dance displays. Shaftesbury Avenue became “Hong Kong in London Chinatown” with a stage featuring performances by local Chinese artists. Leicester Square closed the celebrations with a fantastic firework display.
This year’s event is set to be bigger and better than ever, showcasing the best of Chinese culture throughout the day. The festivities will begin at midday and continue through to 6pm.
We asked Ayi If her show would be anything like her historic London Week of Peace performance in Trafalgar Square where she stole the show? ” When I did the Peace show I had over 30 people on stage, it was amazing, this time it’s just gonna be and I hope it will be just as amazing if not better. I have had my head down working on my new project fear Chaser Chronicles. It is taking up all my time as I have to write songs, be in the studio, do Martial arts training, write the script with Stevie and prepare the live show for summer. So this time I just want to go on stage and have a good time and bring in the new year with my friends and the people of London.” We asked Ayi if she would be performing any Chinese songs? “I will be performing songs that have Chinese in them, but not purely Chinese songs. Im going to have to speak in both English and Chinese and switch back and forth too, it’s important to me that I communicate in Chinese too. I just hope it is not too cold or snowing, as I’m gonna freeze out there, or have to wear a macintosh coat, which is not very sexy on me. After the show, im going to eat myself silly!”
Finally we asked Ayi Jihu what she was expecting for this year after her amazing year in 2010?“I don’t expect things, I just work hard and keep working, and keep doing my best. Every since I started, each year has got better and better, but the work has got more and more and harder and harder. So i realise now that it’s not gonna get any easier only harder. I’m looking forward to putting out my first real new album Fear Chaser Chronicles’ for 3 years. I have been travelling and working, doing chartiy and sponsorship work for so long, I have had little time to just get down to the music, and thats what this year is all about for me, doing my thing again, getting back to the music. Everyone I am working with is excited about Fear Chaser, and so am I. The feedback from the trailers have been amazing and all my fans and friends in China are excited waiting for it to explode, so fingers crossed. We have an amazing team of people, absolutely the best, cartoonists, animators, dancers, singers, martial artists and with the creative genius of Stevie Eagle E behind it all its gonna be something.”
For more information on the London ChinaTown New Years celebrations check here: http://www.chinatownlondon.org/news_2011_01_14.php or visit the facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=186124981407397
Most Recent post
- Exclusive Ayi Jihu MJ Tribute Interview | Michael Jackson World Network
- Brazilian World Cup footballer Dani Alves is singing his way through the web with Chinese star Ayi Jihu – CNN iReport
- Ayi Jihu and Grammy winner Steve Russell working on new song
- Ayi Jihu hits London Fashion Week with House of Ikons and FashionSistas
- Ayi Jihu looks to make history as the first Chinese artist to top charts in the West
- #Chineseswag is coming. If in doubt a classic black dress always gets the job done. Have a beautiful pinterest.com/pin/4725261858… 6 hours ago
- Good morning world. It's a sunny but brisk day where I am in the UK. We have had a thrilling week an pinterest.com/pin/4725261858… 1 day ago
- This may sound strange coming from someone in my line of work, but it is not important to be liked b pinterest.com/pin/4725261858… 1 day ago
- This may sound strange coming from someone in my line of work, but it is not important to be liked by everyone, or e… flip.it/NmFpl 1 day ago
- Good morning world. It's a sunny but brisk day where I am in the UK. We have had a thrilling week and made some grea… flip.it/hzIcW 1 day ago
Chinese star Ayi Jihu, FearChaser™, Sisha Ambassador, Young Native™ Fashion Ambassador, BAFOL Ambassador, FAAVM Ambassador, RnB Star, Humanitarian, Fear Fighter, Filmmaker. Yi Star, Sichuan Star, International star. Ayi Jihu is a Shlepp Entertainment Ltd artist. Ayi Jihu is also the star of forthcoming FearChaser™ Film.